Web Application (Java/PHP) Engineer @Rakuten, Inc.
With over 40,000 shops, 140 million items and annual distribution amount of 14 trillion JPY, Rakuten-Ichiba is the largest online shopping mall in Japan. As member of our team, you will be improving our systems/services; responsible for all phases in the developing process such as designing and development, system operation, and system improvement.
- Responsible for all system development phases such as designing, development, testing, implementation and operation
- Responsible for development and operation of large scale web application
- Propose new systems and improve current services
- Lead the team as a lead engineer
We are flexible to adjust the responsibilities based on your skills and experiences.
- Over 3 years of experience in web application development.
- Over 3 years of experience in Java/PHP application development.
- Experience in Linux or Unix operation
- Basic knowledge of operating in an EC business
- Experience in development and operation of large scale systems
- Experience in operating web application server
- Experience in CI/CD
- Experience in developing a system using Hadoop
- Experience in using SOAP/REST
- 男性 ： 70%
- 女性 ： 30%
Unique business model of Rakuten-Ichiba
Rakuten-Ichiba is a the largest B2B2C marketplace in Japan as more than 40,000 shops all over the world create their virtual online shops through our platform. Our main source of revenue includes shop opening fees and revenue fees from each store. We provide a system called RMS (Rakuten Merchant Server), a system necessary to operate the online store, and consulting services, by our EC consultants, to maximize store sales and solve any issues and concerns that stores might have.
As many EC sites focus on products and efficiency, Rakuten-Ichiba aims to provide shopping as entertainment. Each store is able to design their original sites and can communicate with customers through Email and SNS. This unique aspect of Rakuten-Ichiba is why we attract many users compared to other EC website.
From E-commerce and E-book to other businesses, Rakuten group is accelerating in global expansion.
Within E-commerce business, we expanded our business rapidly starting from Taiwan in 2008, Thailand in 2009, US and France in 2010, Indonesia, Germany, UK and Brazil in 2011 and Malaysia in 2012. There is a promising EC market in every country, and our know-how in implementing “Rakuten-super point ” and active collaboration with domestic EC sites insures the growth of Rakuten-Ichiba business.
Moreover, we are constantly developing in Performance/Marketing and Travel businesses globally and strengthening our technology development centers overseas.
Additionally, we acquired a Canadian E-book company, Kobo Inc. in 2012, which introduced us to the growing E-book market. Kobo Inc. holds an E-book service used by ten million users in 190 countries with unique social features and flexibility in operating in many devices and languages. Rakuten group aims to integrate this advance business model in E-commerce and other businesses and strives to provide borderless digital contents and platforms.